Sunday 28 October 2007

Restaurant Review: Le Querce

After a hot tip on Brockley Central I decided to visit Le Querce with friends last night. It is a small family owned Italian restaurant located in Brockley Rise.

The place had a great atmosphere and was packed out on a Saturday night. Just like in Brugge we were quite a noisy table with joking and laughing, but I don't think anyone cared. All of the food is refreshingly home made which we all loved.

We had a variety of starters. I had the polenta cake (served with blue cheese and tomato sauce), Jo and Debs had roasted aubergines and Ed had the all time classic tomato and mozzarella salad.

For the main courses we all had one of the different home made pastas or gnocchies. My friends raved about their food. I had ravioli stuffed with ricotta and mint in a butter and sage sauce. Despite being an Italian classic something really clashed on my palate and, sadly, I wasn't a fan at all. I couldn't pin point the taste that I disliked in the dish. Not sure if it was just not to my taste or there was something wrong with the cooking.

Home made gelati turned the evening around and was a fabulous desert. Ed was a big fan of his cheesecake. There was lots of interesting variety on the menu and definitely want to go back to try out some of the other dishes.

Complete blog abuse, but if you were the cute girl on the table of three there last night and stumble upon the blog please drop me a line. Being completely feeble matters of the heart I was too shy to come across and say hello!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that anywhere in Italy a dish of ravioli staffed with ricotta and mint has ever been served.
    I'm Italian and I love food, trust me.
    Ricotta and spinach is a traditional stuffing for ravioli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are right! Perhaps it was just my palate not identifying the flavours correctly. Sadly for me, something clashed in the dish.

    All the others I was with loved their food so I don't want to be at all down about the place. I look forward to eating more from their menu next time I go.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.