Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas at Cresecent Head


I'm just back from a fantastic Christmas spent on the beach at Crescent Head in northern New South Wales. It was my second Christmas away from home and it felt a (little) bit more normal this time around. However, I don't know if I will ever get used to Christmas in the middle of summer.

I was kindly invited along by Clint's family who had rented a house for the week. Clint and I went running on the beach and for a swim before breakfast each morning. We dodged the rain to fit in a few more swims and had fun riding up the local river as the tide came in.

Christmas Day lunch was at Clint's aunt and uncles house. It was a feast! For the first time that I can remember I didn't eat turkey. We had roast chickens cooked on a homemade rotisserie made from a beer keg (Tooheys New if you are interested). As if that wasn't enough there was roast pork and carved ham with all the trimmings. I was stuffed!


There was a beautiful Christmas pudding and triffle for dessert which I couldn't resist. I've been full ever since.

The rest of our time was spent relaxing and by visiting the nearby Trial Bay. I did a little bit of cooking too. One night I made a very easy lime semifreddo that was so good I might make it again and blog the recipe sometime.

1 comment:

  1. "We had roast chickens cooked on a homemade rotisserie made from a beer keg"

    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.