Saturday, 6 April 2013
The past year has seen me move from Sydney back to the UK. Even though I was in Australia for over three years it never stopped feeling like an extended holiday and wanted to record my adventures on the blog. Now I'm back home a little bit of impetus for writing has gone and things I'd previously have posted now don't always make the cut. I think this means that I need to go on holiday more!
Top ten posts of the year:
1. Reading the Economist for free on the Kindle - hopefully the Economist's lawyers will never read this one and come knocking on my door.
2. Galtaji Rajasthan - A non mover at number two in the charts. Indian women in their brightly coloured sarees at Galtaji gets a lot of hits.
3. Picasso exhibition at Art Gallery of NSW - the exhibition ended ages ago so I have no idea why this post has enduring appeal.
4. Top Eats - people clearly love to search for restaurant recommendations.
5. Cooking: Coconut and lime slice - people obviously love recipes containing coconut and lime.
6. Garmin Forerunner 100 unboxing - tech reviews can be a real hit. Just a shame I don't know what I'm doing!
7. Best kebab in Istanbul - a couple of awesome kebabs from my visit to Istanbul.
8. What does SOHO stand for? -still popular and informative. Now a regular in the top ten annual posts.
9. Habberfield: Ricotta cheesecake taste off - two very good cheesecakes get the recognition they deserve.
10. Camelbak Hydrobak review - runners of the world have come to read the post.
Top traffic sources:
My thanks to everyone who sends traffic my way. It is very special when someone gives you a link, mention or recognises something that I write.
Traffic sources provide the largest source of traffic to the site. Below are the top three refers, search engines aside, to my blog:
1. Urban Spoon - I made Sydney's top twenty on Urbanspoon before I left Australia and am currently a Mr Nobody on the London leader board.
2. Beyond Blue Eyes - a friend and sadly a less frequent blogger these days.
3. Brockley Central - the excellent hyper local site where I live. If you add in the twitter shouts that BC has given me they are probably my top source of traffic.
I'm looking forward to the year ahead. I have formative plans to set up a new blog focusing on a new adventure I'm hoping to embark on. I'm sure that's got you all shuffling towards the end of your seats.....