Saturday 13 December 2008

Restaurant Review: Le Fumoir, Paris

Ruth and I met our friend Vicky for brunch on the Sunday that we were in Paris.

Vicky had made a reservation for us at Le Fumoir, which is located just behind The Louvre. The classy dark wood saloon definitely requires reservations for the weekend brunch.

I was joking with Vicky before we went, that after New York my expectations of a good brunch had gone up massively. Lucky I wasn't disappointed, they even serve mimosas!

Brunch is a set menu with some limited choices. I had a freshly squeezed orange juice, a selection of fresh breads served with homemade jam; eggs benedict with cured ham and a fresh fruit salad. The highlight for me were the eggs benedict.

It was an ideal place to recuperate after a busy morning of sightseeing in the cold winds of Paris. And hearty enough to keep us going for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.