Tuesday 9 December 2008

A weekend in Paris!

I'm just back from a weekend in Paris with my sister. We went over on the Eurostar on Friday night and came back on Sunday. It couldn't have been easier and made me wonder why I haven't done it before!

It was an action packed couple of days. On the Saturday we managed to fit in a walk along the Champs Elysees, a visit to the L'Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower (we wanted to go to the top, but the 2 hour queues put us off), Hotel d'Invalides and Musee d'Orsay. I was struck how beautiful a city Paris is; some of the architecture is fabulous. Only spoilt by the hoards of tourists and long queues.

On the Sunday we visited Sainte Chappelle chapel (amazing stain glass windows), Notre Dame, the striking Pantheon and the bohemian Rue de Moufftard Sunday streeet market. In the afternoon we went to Sacre Coeur, it was disappointingly cloudy so the views over Paris weren't as remarkable as they could have been, and the street hawkers the most aggressive we had the misfortune to meet during the weekend.

We were lucky enough to stumble across a few street markets and my French even drew a couple of compliments!

2 comments:

  1. Nice composition in that shot there Ritchie...makes me want a croissant & cafe noir! Damn, its tough sometimes out here in the colony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think this is my favourite pic of the weekend.

    I'm finding my point and click digital increasingly frustrating. Not having a range finder is a big limiter in getting a good shot......

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.