Friday 29 June 2007

Our new PM

Blogs, airwaves and newsprint are jammed packed with analysis and speculation about what Gordon Brown will really be like as Prime Minister. Dangerous territory that I would not normally enter, but I have a thought that I haven't seen anywhere else so I am going to blog it in order that I can claim the credit later! :)

In 1997 when Gordon Brown became Chancellor made the grand gesture of making the Bank of England independent. An action for which he has rightly gained a lot of praise. It demonstrated that he was different from his predecessors and would take decisions that were right for the country. I think that we will see similar grand gesture to show he is a different PM from his predecessors and that the public can trust him.

1 comment:

  1. He will have to be careful to "change" the right things though and that will be hard for him and his inner circle to judge!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.