Monday 4 August 2008

Greenwich Wheel


My sister took me on the Greenwich Wheel last weekend. Unlike it's bigger sister along the Thames which moves imperceptibly slowly, they load you into a ski lift and whiz you round four times. (I think it is only supposed to be three, but we got a bonus loop.)



You are in the trees for half of the ride, but from the top you get good views of Canary Wharf, Greenwich Park, the Royal Naval College, central Greenwich and over to the city.



It's a great attraction for Greenwich and I would encourage people to enjoy a loop before it disappears in September. Lit up at night you get some good views of the wheel itself from the Poplar Rowing Club.

1 comment:

  1. I agree some fab views and a nice afternoon treat for the kids

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.