Sunday 22 June 2008

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Only a week left to go of my time in New York. Last week I was looking forward to going home, however, this week am I thinking there is not long enough left to fit in everything I want to do!

Yesterday I hit the tourist trail and went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I really like the Met. The building is beautiful in itself, spectacular as some of the museums in London. My favourite exhibit is the Dendur temple, which was moved in its entirely from Egypt when the Aswan dam was built and would have submerged it forever. I visited a number of exhibits I didn't see on my first visit seven years ago. I also discovered the roof top bar which has fantastic views of Central Park.

After the museum I did some final shopping in Banana Republic and am wearing one of my new shirts now! In another first for the day I bought a gyro from a street seller.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.