Saturday 22 August 2009

Of Gyms and Vanity



At different times this year I have been a member of three contrasting gyms, having never previously stepped inside one.

First came the gym at Supalai Park where I was staying in Bangkok for a couple of months earlier this year. In wonderful Thai style while they were re-furbishing the gym they moved all of the equipment into the car park.

Second I joined Fitness First when I moved to Sydney. The gym was overcrowded to the extent that it was difficult to work out. The staff were pushy sales people and it was my least favourite of the gyms I have been a member of this year.

I gave up my Fitness First membership to become a member of the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre. What a contrast. The gym is never too busy, all of the equipment is in good order and the weights are kept in the right places. The staff are friendly and put together work out programmes for all the members along with record cards so that you can track your progress.

I have lost 7kg in weight this year, feel healthier, get out of breath less easily and have improved my posture. Non of my trousers now fit without a belt. It is very heart warming to receive unsolicited compliments, one of which I got this week.

A big thank you to John who inspired, taught me how far I can push myself and exercise routines to keep me going.

Don't worry mum I am eating properly and not becoming obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.