Thursday 19 March 2009

Farewell Thailand

Its finally happened and my two months in Thailand is drawing to a close. Just like with my final week in New York there is a twinge of sadness to be leaving a place that I have called, albeit for a brief time, home.

Some people might view it as an opportunity missed as I have only left Bangkok four times during my stay (to go to Singapore, Pattaya, Ko Samet and Khao Yai). What of Chiang Mai, Laos or Cambodia? I haven't even been particularly active inside Bangkok, although I have ticked off most of the tourist sites on previous visits.

However, it has been exactly what I needed. The purpose of this trip was never to back pack round Asia, but to have some "me time" and recharge. John and I have certainly managed to fit in a lot of fun along the way.

The parents won't be pleased to hear that I don't exactly feel motivated to take on the world of work once again, but it is probably not too far way. One thing I know is that I will be returning to Thailand sometime in the future. It is an amazing place.

3 comments:

  1. Has it really only been two months? Anyway, time to put down the papaya and grab a beer my friend...speaking of, I had better go buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been living it up! From all the stuff you've been up to I thought maybe you had stayed longer than two months!

    Enjoy the next bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. come back soon mate. We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.