Thursday 15 January 2009

The United Nations

Along with Ellis Island, the other tourist attraction I wanted to visit on this trip to New York was to take a tour of the United Nations. Ever since my Politics A'level I've been interested in the operation of institutions like the UN.

The tour takes about 45mins and you are told a bit about the workings of the UN, it's different divisions, charters and goals. To me the most interesting part of the tour was going inside the General Assembly (not to be confused with the more famous Security Council). As with many guided tours you enjoyment factor is largely dependent on the quality of your guide. Ours was good, but not exceptional. Which left me enjoying the tour, but feeling that it could have been a bit more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.