Saturday 19 April 2008

Summer has arrived in New York

Before I came to New York a few people told me that Spring only lasted about a week here and the seasons transferred quickly from winter to summer. Daffodils, blossom on the trees, lambs in the fields and tweeting birds are such a quintessential part of Spring in the UK. There is not much opportunity for any of them in just a single week!

On Monday and Tuesday I was thrusting my hands into my pockets and wrapping up warm on my walk into work. On Wednesday people were sitting outside cafes enjoying dinner al fresco and the ambient temperature was a lot more pleasant in the evening.

Last night I had a drink on the way home from work at a roof top bar. Today I am wearing shorts. Summer has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.