Friday 11 April 2008

Restaurant Review: Hudson Place

The blog has been a quite quiet for the last week. Not due to the lack of the material to post, but due to the lack of time!

Within 10mins walk of my flat I think there must be at least 50 bars, delis and restaurants, but with its white linen table cloths, Hudson Place stands out as the local smart establishment.

My sister and Aunt left today after staying for the past week. I've enjoyed having them here as it has given me the excuse to try out a few of the local places. We decided to go for dinner at Hudson Place on Sunday night as a bit of a treat for my Aunt's birthday. There is a smart bar area when you go in and then lots of tables in a large open plan room, with big windows looking out onto the street. The menu is a mix of salads, pastas, steaks and seafood. The meatloaf on the menu lets you know that you are in an American restaurant and there are a few Mexican and Italian influences which seem quite common in New York.

We shared an excellent bottle of wine and I really enjoyed my Hangar steak. My Aunt's Sea Bass and sisters salad went down well too. We were all too full for a desert. It wasn't too expensive either. (Which luckily seems to be a common theme of restuarants here!)

I think all of my visitors over the next couple of months can look forward to a dinner at Hudson Place during their stay. Olivier, Mike are you reading this?

The photo has been shamelessly stolen from this blog.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to it already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I! Now all I have to do is book flights and time off work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here too, thinking I'll be there in just over a week. In the meantime I will enjoy the fresh snow in Les Arcs on Sunday. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.