Sunday 5 August 2007

Restaurant Review: Yummy Thai

Last night I went Yummy Thai in Wantage with my parents and sister. The restaurant is owned by the parents of two children that my mum used to teach (poor kids! lol).

My love of all things Thai is well known. I tried some pigeon Thai to strike up a conversation with the owners which produced roars of laughter and some consternation from my parents who hadn't got a clue what was going on. I don't think that they get many visitors to the restaurant who have been to Thailand or have bothered to learn any Thai, so were genuinely appreciative. I hope!

I got the impression that the menu is more South East Asian rather than specifically Thai. My favourites such as Som Tum and Larb were missing. There were still lots of classics such as Pad Thai and green and red curries. All of the food that arrived was excellent and the prices were very reasonable for a local eatery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.