Saturday 27 April 2013

A Suitcase and a Spatula, Book Launch


On Thursday night I went to the launch of A Suitcase and a Spatula the new cookbook from Tori Haschka

As well as writing the book, Tori had cooked the food for the evening too. Ed and I arrived too late for most of the savoury dishes, but timed it perfectly for the sweet treats. I was happy to have an ANZAC biscuit and it made me reminisce about the late summer holiday I was missing in Australia. The icing on top of the cupcakes was pretty special too.

If I never need to explain to people why the must visit Bills when in Sydney I direct them here. Unsurprisingly Tori speaks very well too, explaining that her book is part cookbook, part travel journal and part love story. The loudest laugh of the evening game when one of the crowd indicated that he, rather than Tori's husband, was the tall and blond gentleman in the book.

The launch was held in the food lovers paradise of Books for Cooks in Notting Hill. The small shop is packed with a wonderful array of cookbooks that I could happily browse for hours. I spied a couple of sourdough books I'd especially like to return for. A kitchen at the back of the shop hinted that it could be a fantastic place for regular events and demonstrations. (Sadly their website doesn't have an events page.)

ANZAC Biscuits with whipped goats curd

Elderflower and almond cupcakes

Scottish Salmon in cucumber crowns

Banana Bread

1 comment:

  1. It was so lovely to see you there! Thank you so much for kind words and beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.