Tuesday 17 April 2012

Brisbane weekend

Large brain in Brisbane's GOMA

Over Easter I went to stay with my good friends Penne and Clint in Brisbane. It's only the second time I've seen them since their son, Joel, was born a year ago.

When I arrived there was something that didn't quite look right considering there was a one year old in the house. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, until I worked out that the place was too tidy! Joel's play mat had all toys neatly arranged. The building blocks were stacked in a pyramid and all of the toys car lined up in a row.

Surely a one year old isn't capable of this? Penne explained to me that it was something Clint did every evening. Like a whirling dervish the next morning Joel promptly knocked everything down!

The Boat Shed in Scarborough

On Good Friday we drove up to Scarborough in Moreton Bay. (I've only just realised it was on Moreton Bay, but think it very fitting as that's the name of the village where I grew up).

We had some delicious fish and chips from The Boat Shed in Scarborough. I don't eat fish and chips very often, but they were top draw. We had spent a very pleasant couple of hours sitting by the sea and catching up with Penne's parents.

Mirrored art work in GOMA

On the Sunday morning we headed into the centre of Brisbane. After a picnic in the Botanic Gardens we headed to the Gallery of Modern Art on Brisbane's south bank. The impressive modern building shows no effects of last year's floods (although being close to the river I assume the lower floors might have been affected?). They had a room where you could do brass rubbings. I haven't done one of those since I was a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.