Tuesday 19 January 2010

Modem 2.0

Readers might remember (or being trying to forget) that back in October my laptop broke and took down my wireless modem in collateral damage.

Since then I have been relying on a old router kindly lent to me by Shakespearemate. I have been very grateful and able to get online with my resurrected PC. The only downside is that it was made with pistons and valves and doesn't have wireless, meaning I couldn't use the web on my iPod touch.

I didn't know what to do with my non-working modem. Used and over four months old I didn't feel able to take it back to the shop where I purchased it. I decided to email D-Link support. They were very helpful and efficient. We went back and forth trying various things and I have posted it to them twice to take a look at. This week they sent me a replacement in the post and I have just set it up and it seems to be working like a dream.

I would definitely buy another D-Link modem on the basis of their service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.