Tuesday 1 December 2009

Back Home



I've been back for ten days now, my holiday has nearly come to an end. Eek!

There hasn't been time to blog and do you really want to know about my parents new utility room anyway?

I've just got back from four days visiting my grandparents up in Cumbria. The above photo was taken at the beautiful Talkin Tarn on a crisp winter's day. It was fantastic seeing my grandparents and helping my grandfather celebrate his 96th birthday, but there was also a twinge of sadness as time takes it's toll on them.

However, they are still remarkable for their age. Someone recently stole their house sign so my grandfather painted a new one. How many of us can do sign writing? Let alone have a steady enough hand at 96!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that lake is beautiful. Possibly even worth leaving Zone 2 for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandfather is to be treasured...he is part of the true wealth of a nation.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.