Tuesday 9 June 2009

Restaurant Review: Il Gondoliere, Manly


On Saturday night I went for dinner to Il Gondoliere in Manly with Saurav, Brad, Chel and Chel's brother Garrick.

It's a rustic hole in the wall kind of place that is barely big enough to fit the kitchen and a few tables, but is a regular favourite of Brad and Chel's. The menu is simple serving huge plates of homemade pasta, risotto, veal and chicken escalopes.

We all went for the pasta with the exception of Saurav who chose the risotto. You can see me above with the seafood pasta. The pasta was great, the white wine sauce wasn't too heavy and I liked the prawns, squid and scallops. I wasn't so keen on the mussels in the pasta. Anyone who knows me well, knows I am not the biggest fan of seafood, but I am trying to expand my tastes. The dislike of the mussels is more to do with my palate than anything else.

It's cheap, hearty and you can bring your own alcohol. My only suggestion would be to offer smaller plates of pasta for those without the will power not to clear their plate!

1 comment:

  1. Eating is good for you, clear your plate and enjoy life to the *full*!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.