Sunday 1 June 2008

Katz's Deli


I had heard a lot of recommendations for Katz's deli, and it is Zagat's top rated choice in the city. Mike, Claire and I headed their for breakfast yesterday morning. Katz's is famous for its' hot pastrami sandwiches and from being in When Harry met Sally (which I have to confess to never having seen).

We ordered two sandwiches to share between us, hot pastrami and roast beef. They give deep fill a new meaning. My favourite was the pastrami which was moist and succulent.

Mike was a massive fan of the Katz's experience. There is something unique about the traditional New York diner experience that blows you away. I had my own epiphany in the Summit Diner a few weeks ago. Katz has its own unique ticketing system, sawdust on the floor, the obligatory surly staff, pictures on the wall of famous visitors and signs hanging from the roof saying send a salami to your boy in the army. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.