Saturday 15 March 2008

Birthday and Bar Review: Green & Red

Last night I went to Green and Red Mexican Bar and Cantina, near the corner of Bethnal Green Road and Brick Lane, for my friend Emily's birthday. It is actually the second time I have visited the bar. I last went two years ago when I had dinner there for another former flatmate, Ed's, birthday.

Last night it was all about the downstairs bar. It is a very understated and cool venue with a relaxed atmosphere. The music was really up my street, a mix of funky house with a Latino vibe. I stuck to beer, but the bar is known for its cocktails and selection of tequillas.

My only citicism would be that the music was slighly too loud for us to talk freely.

Green and Red is run by the same group who own the Hawksmoor, which is an exceptional steak restaurant near Spitalfields Market. I last visited The Hawksmoor before I created this blog and have been looking for an excuse to return ever since so that I can review it for you..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.