Saturday 10 November 2007

Theatre of Wine, Greenwich

I don't think I could have had a more pleasant evening than last night. I went to the birthday party of two friends, Owen and Nicola, at the Theatre of Wine in east Greenwich.

The evening started with a walk through the Royal Naval College. The College was deserted and as I walked through I was struck by the beauty and tranquility of the place. Wren's buildings were sympathetically lit and the gleaming towers of Canary Wharf provided the perfect back drop. It was a I wish I had my camera with me moment.

The Theatre of Wine is a small independent wine retailer with a big table running down the middle of the shop. Sixteen of us sat down and tasted some excellent wines, champagnes and ports. The theme of the evening was to taste pairs of wines together - one from the traditional home of the grape and a second from a new producer. For example a Chardonnay from Burgundy with one from Margaret River, Australia, or Sangiovese form Italy compared to a wine from the Clare Valley.

The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. I thoroughly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olly's comment has been moved to it's own blog, there is no censorship here!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.