Monday 27 August 2007

An evening in Balham

Before last night the last time I visited Balham was about 15 years ago when my Aunt and Uncle lived there. Back then a visit was an interesting experience. Being a country boy I found it a bit of a culture shock. My Aunt and Uncle were burgled with alarming regularity, usually coinciding with the school holidays.

How times change. Last night I was invited to dinner at my friend Debbie's house. Walking from the tube station to her flat it couldn't have been more different than 15 years ago. One of the things I noticed was the number of newly painted front doors, behind which obviously sat neat and tidy houses that had been renovated. It is an area that has come a long way. I bet my Aunt and Uncle still wish they had their house there, it must be worth a bit now.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.