Wednesday 7 March 2012

Ben Kweller @ the HiFi Sydney


On Friday night I went to see Ben Kweller at the HiFi in Sydney's Entertainment Quarter.

Ben who? I hadn't heard of him either, but some friends promised me a great gig so I decided to take a chance and go along. Ben Kweller is a US singer song writer. Mainly rocky and a little bit acoustic with a small hint of folk.

The gig was really good fun. I hadn't been to the HiFi before, but it is a great little venue. Small, modern and with friendly staff. It helped that the venue wasn't quite full meaning we could get to the front without any crushing. The crowd had a good vibe. There seemed to be quite a few hard core Ben Kweller fans in the audience who were singing along to all of the tracks.

Worth the entrance fee alone was the bass player in the band. His facial expressions, head bobbing and hip thrusting were well worth the ticket price. He was fabulous to watch!

Ben seems to play a gig in Sydney every year ago and I'd definitely go again next time he's in town.

Having a quick walk round the Entertainment Quarter reminded that I need to visit to check out the Saturday market soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.