Monday 4 October 2010

Coogee to Maroubra


I'm determined to see more of Sydney this summer after being a bit lazy in getting out and about last year. On Saturday afternoon I didn't have any plans so I jumped on my bike and cycled over to Coogee to walk the coastal path to Maroubra and back.

I could have confused Coogee with being back in the UK I heard so many English accents as I was walking along the sea front! The walk itself isn't as interesting as the Bondi to Coogee section of the coastal path, but it has it's own charms. There were some lovely rock pools just south of Coogee (see picture above) and about half way the path completely disappears and you need to walk across a rocky beach. Being less popular you don't have to fight the crowds, even on a sunny spring day.

There isn't a lot to Maroubra when you arrive. Apart from an enormous RSL which completely dominates that town. I also spotted this giant Rubik's cube on the beach.


When I got back to Coogee there was time for an ice cream on the beach before I cycled home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.