Friday 18 September 2009

Orbit Bar, Sydney


Last night I went for a drink at the revolving Orbit Bar at the top of Australia Square in Sydney.

The Orbit Bar gently rotates giving you a 360 degree view of the Sydney skyline every hour and a half. Watching the view of North Sydney, Luna Park, the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and the harbour slip past is majestic. The second half of the rotation towards Centennial Park, China Town and Darling Harbour is less absorbing.

The service was attentive and every thirty minutes or so one of the waitresses would pass buy with complimentary canapes that were delicious. I thought the prices were reasonable given the location.

The Orbit Bar was an option when my sister came to stay, but we went to the bar in the Shangri-La Hotel instead. I think the Orbit Bar wins hands down. If you are lucky enough to get a window seat at the Shangri-La it could be a special experience, but at the Orbit Bar everyone gets a view.

*I must confess I didn't take the photo

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good, although why anyone would drink Campari is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I have ever had a tipple.

    Makes for a good photo though....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.