Saturday 27 September 2008

Return to Hampstead and North London

When I first moved to London I lived up in the Crouch End, Highgate and East Finchley area for 3 years. I used to enjoy going for a run or walk on Hampstead Heath at the weekend.

I've only been back to the Heath once in the four years since I moved to Brockley and have recently been yearning for another visit. My friend Jess is currently over from Singapore. I decided to take the day off work so that I could show her around North London.

We started with breakfast at Paul in Hampstead, before strolling onto the Heath. Arriving first at the swimming ponds, and then drifted towards Kenwood House, with a spot of tree climbing along the way....


We had some beautiful autumn sunshine. I love the London parks, from lots of parts of the Heath you can't see a single building and all you can hear are the birds singing. All from inside Zone 2

We drifted off the Heath into Tufnell Park and had a drink in the excellent Bull and Last pub. Which I was pleased to see is now serving my favourite Hook Norton beer.

We zipped round on the Northern Line to Chalk Farm from where we walked up Primrose Hill for spectacular views over London which haven't been done justice by my photography!



Our afternoon finished with a drift through Regent's Park to the Landmark Hotel where we had afternoon tea. Cucumber sandwiches, fresh scones and cakes while being serenaded by a harp and string quartet. Delightful.


I can thoroughly recommend taking a random Thursday off work, it breaks up the week nicely!

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.