Sunday 18 May 2008

Brooklyn


I went to Brooklyn for the first time today. Very pleasant suburb with a completely different feel to Manhattan. There are lots of trees lining the roads which gives the area a more open and laid back feel than the bustling city. Coupled with lots of trendy cafes and shops, I can see why so many people seem to be drawn there at the moment.

Pen, Clint and I went for brunch at the Applewood cafe near Prospect Park. We all agreed that it had more of a Sydneyside rather than New York feel. The cafe was in the converted ground floor of a house, with an open, stripped wood feel. The restaurant uses mainly organic and farm fresh produce. Pen had some excellent pancakes, Clint a lobster omelet and I had braised short rib hash with scrambled eggs. We all enjoyed the food. Pen also had a vanilla, rhubarb and champagne cocktail which went down a treat.

I have started a May photo album, which I'll continue to add to during the month.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are saving some fun stuff to do for when I come!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.