Saturday 5 April 2008

First Fridays: Not Quite the Guggenheim Museum

I went out for drinks with a few people from work on Thursday night and they told me about First Fridays at the Guggenheim Museum. They open the museum from 9pm to 1am, invite DJs, sell drinks and allow you to visit the museum in a more funky atmosphere.

Ruth and I duly walked the 52 blocks up to the Upper East Side, arriving at the museum about 20:45. Anticipation built as more people joined the queue who were clearly dressed up for a night out. This was to be no ordinary visit to the V&A.

After an hour and a half in the queue we still hadn't managed to get in. There were rumours circulating of one-in-one-out, reluctantly we headed home. I've got two more chances to go before I leave NY. I'll make sure I arrive a bit earlier next time.

2 comments:

  1. Can't Barclays wangle you a guest-list entry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, when I tried to go the the Guggenheim when I was in NYC we arrived just as it was closing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.