Wednesday 14 March 2012

Blue Mountains Weekend

Views of Jamison valley from Wentworth Falls

I've been to the Blue Mountains a couple of times before for day trips. During my previous visits I hadn't got much further than the Three Sisters at Katoomba. The views are undeniably great, but I wouldn't say I was yearning to go back.

The weekend just gone changed my view of the Blue Mountains. I had extra time to explore and being with Aussie's helped me discover new places. I had a great time.

My run on Saturday morning had awesome views and makes me want to return to walk a few tracks in the area. A hike to the ruined castle sounds like fun.


We did some great feasting at our luxury rental house. We made a crazy and over the top pavlova on the Saturday night. My contribution was a large stack of blueberry pancakes for breakfast on the Sunday morning.


Before heading back to Sydney we stopped off at Wentworth Falls, taking the Charles Darwin walk from the village out to the falls. I don't understand why Wentworth Falls isn't more famous, the views are easily better than those at the Three Sisters.

Lunch at Vulcan's in Blackheath is on my wish list for my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.