Saturday 16 April 2011

Restaurant Review: Marigold, Haymarket

Last Sunday I went for yum cha at Marigold. The place was buzzing with the weekend crowd and we had a fifteen minute wait before being seated. There may be white linen on the tables, but the silver service ends there. The grumpy men prowling the floor made it immediately obvious that you don't come for the service. Hopefully the food will be better!


It was great to go with a group of people as we were able to order a range of dishes. I'm all at sea during yum cha. It seems to me that you have to know what you want as there are no menus and the trolleys aren't very descriptive about what they contain. I find it easier to let everyone else do the ordering!


I decided a few years ago that I'd try anything, at least once. I don't go out of my way to order foods I think I won't like, but if I'm presented with them I'll give them a go. A dish I definitely wouldn't have ordered was the beef tripe in black bean sauce. However, I was surprised how tasty it was! The tripe had a bit of chew and the black bean sauce was good.


The overall standard of the yum cha was pretty good. A very enjoyable lunch.

Marigold Citymark on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.