Friday 27 February 2009

Erawan Shrine

Five weeks in and I finally did my first cultural activity since arriving in Thailand!

Yesterday John and I visited the Erawan Shrine. The Erawan Shrine is of the Hindu God of Creation, otherwise known as Brahma. It is a very important site for Thais and a popular site for people to pray at the beginning of new chapters in their life (e.g. having a baby, starting a new business....)

The centre of the shrine is the golden four faced Brahma. You can see me with incense sticks and candles and the golden statue in the background. John and I made the offering of a candle and incense at each face of the Buddha.

I found some less cheesy photos, plus info on the shrine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.